Student Visa and Graduate Visa

Justice . Equality . Trust
Contact Now

Need immigration & visa consultation? Send a request for free consultation

Student visa under the Points Based System (PBS)

You can apply for a Student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over and you:

have been offered a place on a course by a licensed student sponsor
have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – the amount will vary depending on your circumstances
can speak, read, write and understand English
have consent from your parents if you’re 16 or 17 – you’ll need evidence of this when you apply

If you’re 16 or 17 and you want to study at an independent school in the UK, you may be eligible for a Child Student visa instead.

How long you can stay:

How long you can stay depends on the length of your course and what study you’ve already completed in the UK.
If you’re 18 or over and your course is at degree level, you can usually stay in the UK for up to 5 years. If it’s below degree level, you can usually stay in the UK for up to 2 years.

Staying longer in the UK:

You may be able to extend your visa if you’re eligible, for example to continue your studies in the UK or switch to a Student visa from another visa if you’re already in the UK or switch to a Graduate visa to stay in the UK for at least 2 years after successfully completing your course.

For more information on Student visas please contact our offices.

Graduate Visa:

A Graduate visa gives you permission to stay in the UK for at least 2 years after successfully completing a course in the UK.

You must be in the UK when you apply.


You can apply for a Graduate visa if all of the following are true:

you’re in the UK
your current visa is a Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa
you studied a UK bachelor’s degree, postgraduate degree or other eligible course for a minimum period of time with your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa
your education provider (such as your university or college) has told you you’ve successfully completed your course

If you’re 16 or 17 and you want to study at an independent school in the UK, you may be eligible for a Child Student visa instead.

How long you can stay:

A Graduate visa lasts for 2 years. If you have a PHD or other doctoral qualification, it will last for 3 years.

Your visa will start from the day your application is approved.

If you want to stay longer in the UK:

You cannot extend your Graduate visa. However, you may be able to switch to a different visa, for example a Skilled Worker visa.

Check you can apply for another type of visa to stay in the UK.

Please contact our offices to get more information on how to apply for visa under this scheme.

Why Choose us?

We have designed a system focused on client service. We have done this by aligning our culture, structure and processes with one goal in mind – CLIENT SATISFACTION.


20+ Years

Experience as a Barrister


Satisfied customers


Operating countries

What Our Clients Say 


I went to see Barrister Mohammed Monwar Hossain in relation to my immigration appeal matter. His services, attitude, honesty, behaviours and representation were excellent. I am grateful for his help. My problems have been sorted out by him. 


My two relatives have been in the UK for the last 12 years. He got their flight cancelled twice and bail granted three times. He helped them for Judicial Review and the Home Office has agreed to reconsider the decision. Barrister Monwar is really great!


Mr Hossain is such a barrister who does not care about big fees but desperately helps people who faces immigration problems. I work as environmental officer in UK. I have no hesitation to say that if anybody has been failed and no where else to go.

Consultations for prospective immigrants

Whether you’re a customer looking for support, a job searcher looking for your next career opportunity or you’re interested in our services, we’d love to hear from you.

Have Questions? Look Here

We provide professional assistance and guide you regarding your legal causes; feel free to contact us. Here are some general questions which you may need to know.

1. What is the Fee for First consultation?

If Personal consultation is done then the fee will be on the basis of the time spent on the matter.

2. Which payment methods do you accept?

Cash or Cheque & online payments

3. What do I do when I have a question?

You can call our office or email us at with any questions in regards to your case or on any other matter. We are committed to returning all calls and emails within 24 hours.

4. What are the Initial Fees You Charge For a case?

This cost does ultimately depend of complexity of case. For more please visit here.

Recent News

Asylum Appeals

Asylum Appeals

It is undeniable that the Human Rights Act has had a significant impact on the work of the Supreme Court.

Visa Rejection

Visa Rejection

So, you’ve got your mind made up! You’re planning to head to the UK on a holiday! Now, time to tackle your UK visa,



Free Movement offers updates, commentary and advice on immigration and asylum law.

Do you need help with your case?

Contact us today for a free cost estimate!

Regulated by the Bar Standards Board.

We are specialised in the UK Immigration, Asylum, Nationality, Human Rights, Immigration Appeals and Judicial Review, Family, Driving Offences, Employment & etc

Connect with us



Second floor, 113 New Rd, Whitechapel, London E1 1HJ, United Kingdom


Our Social Media Links